Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

November is not just known for not shaving your face, no, it's also known for Thanksgiving. And I'm not just talking about that thing you do when you get together with your family and eat until you can't breath and watch football and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I'm talking about being thankful.

There is a social media challenge going around right now where you post one thing you are thankful for everyday of November, and I haven't decided yet if I really want to do that. I feel like it's just another reason to post something on Facebook instead of actually giving thanks. It kind of screams, "Look at me! I've got my shit together!" Now, maybe posting a weekly one, or even one big monthly one I can see doing and I feel like that would be totally fine. And I may do that. However, blogs were invented for lengthy posts like that, not Facebook. So, I have decided to do just that and tell all you lovely people what I'm thankful for this year.

1. My husband. He is everything I've ever wanted in a man and best friend. We hardly ever fight and we tell each other everything. We share our lives - just like a marriage is SUPPOSE to be. He is so many things to me. So. Many. So many, in fact, that it would be impossible to name them all. He is perfect. And my happy ending.




2. Elvis Tucker. My little shih tzu, Elvis, has been with me since 2006. He is getting older in his years, he's 8 and a half now, but he has been my rock through everything in my life. It may sound silly to you, but he was there when no one else was - to cuddle, to love, to lick my tears away in the hard times. He has taught me so many things as well. How to forgive, how to be selfless, how to be fearless, and to appreciate the small things. And so much more. There are times that I look back on before Joey and know that if he weren't with me, I wouldn't have made it. Joey has taken that weight off of him since he's been in our lives, and now he's free to just be. I love him so deeply, that if it weren't for him, I don't know if I would know how to love Joey the way I do. He isn't my child - he is my best friend. I have been so blessed to have him and Joey as best friends in my life. Without them, I wouldn't be me.

3. My Mom. Of course mom's are suppose to love you and support you no matter what, but I have had a rough road, and I know that sometimes I didn't make things easy, and still, she always sees me through. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be the woman I am today. She has not only taught me right from wrong, but how to live, love, laugh, be silly and a weirdo, she has encouraged me in all my endeavours and is my biggest fan. She has shown me how to be independant and strong, and how to not let anyone use you as a doormat... not even your own father. She still teaches me to this day, whether she knows it or not, and is still guiding me on my path in life. Here, maybe this will help explain it:



I am thankful for the rest of my family as well. I have a dad who adopted me at 18, in spite the fact that I was basically an adult, and raised me as his own. I have brothers who took me in as their own as well, and didn't hesitate to give me a hard time, just like they did each other. I have a blood brother who experienced many things with me as children - and was disconnected and reconnected with him - and has turned out pretty well, just like me. I have extended family who have claimed me since birth, and some family who doesn't claim me at all, but I know who I can count on. And that's what matters.

4. My Home. Thanks to Lori Bell, Joey and I finally have a home again. Something that's not just a roof over our heads, but a new place to make memories. A place where I am warm, comfortable, safe, and loved. A place that I love, and hope to be for a very long time.

5.The ability to make music. I don't want to boast, but just be thankful. I have been given a voice. A voice I am proud of, that I think is beautiful. An ear for notes and harmony. A range that surpases many, even most professionals today. A way to express myself, my life, my love, my loss. A brain that can multitask, and play guitar while I sing. A way of making things my own, of telling my story. Something that connects me to my mom, my husband, uncle and grandpa, and all the singers in my family before me in a way that only a few experience.. For that, I am thankful.

6. Life. I am thankful to still be here, with air in my lungs and food in my stomach. I am thankful that I didn't have too horrible of a childhood, something that could have led me on a different path. I'm thankful that I have never done drugs or got addicted to them or alcohol, because that could have sent me astray as well.

7. Time. I am thankful that I met my husband at the precise moment in time that I was meant to. We ran in a lot of the same circles, knew the same people, went to a lot of the same parties, were even at a few at the exact same time, and never met. We have been unintentionally avoiding each other our whole lives. And if we had met before, our relationship may not be the same. We wouldn't be the same people. We wouldn't have been able to love appreciate each other the way we do today. I'm thankful for the bad relationships in the past that had lessons to learn. Things that would ready me for my forever after. If we had missed just one lesson, everything could have been different for us. I am also thankful for the time I had with my loved ones lost, and for the time that I currently have. Here's another video that may help with this one as well.


8. My body. I may be "fluffy" but every part of my body works the way it's suppose to. I still have all of my fingers and toes. I still have all of my original parts. Nothing has been taken out. The only thing that has been put in is a cadaver knee replacement, and it's held up just fine. I am thankful for that. I can move. I can dance. I can stand and walk. I can control my body the way that I am suppose to be able to. I have no diseases. I have all of my hair. I have a pretty face. I have large boobs and nice legs. I still have all of my teeth. I can do just about anything in bed that you can, and then some. I have beautiful blue eyes... the only thing my bio dad every gave to me willingly. I have a brain with an IQ of 134. I can talk, think, rationalize, make decisions... all without help. There is nothing wrong with me. And I am thankful.

I am thankful to be.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment